Friday, November 11, 2005

Green Race 2005 - Good finishes for team Riot

Green race 2005 results for Team Riot.

I was 5th place in the short boat category and top 20 overall with a 5 min. 15 sec. time in the Riot Magnum. This was my second time in the Magnum. I'm really happy with this result since it was only my second time in this boat. I really look forward to getting to know the Magnum. I feel that it has potential to race a lot faster than I did. I had smooth lines everywhere with the exception of accidentally catching the eddy at Gorilla. The Magnum rides high and dry and I feel really safe in it. I plan on racing it again next year. Maybe I'll even get to train some for the race next time. Practice never hurts.
This was my race line at Go Left.


photos courtesy of

Chris Gragtmans placed 2nd overall with an unbelieveable 4:40. Just a couple seconds out of first place. He also placed 7th in Short boat and was the ironman winner. Ironman Green racers do the long and short boat class. You have to hike back up the river and get your short boat after you race long boat. I think Chris also won the impromptu head-2-head race as well. Very impressive.

We both used our iPods with H2O Audio housings in the race and loved it. It's an awesome motivator to have music in your ears when you're doing something like this.


My good friend Caleb Coaplen, who is paddling a Magnum now, placed 8th overall in a long boat with a 4:58. Really fast.
Caleb is pictured here charging through speed trap below Gorilla.

photo by

Later,

Spencer Cooke, Team Riot

No comments: